Wednesday 9 September 2009

Hello! I'm Amy and here's my AS Media blog


I was required to produce a film on the coursework topic, film noir.

But first I had to do a preliminary exercise within a group. It was the first time we could get used to the cameras and microphones as well as getting to use the editing software on the Apple Macs. As a class our pieces of film were assessed
in order to point out where we could improve. It was a very helpful learning experience. We then had to, again in groups; film an opening sequence of an exchange between two people in the style of a film noir. We had to use a close up of the exchange of an item between the two. Again we had to present our film to the class which enabled us to find out what we could improve on. Then I went away and evaluated the sequence for myself using the helpful criticism from the class.

When we finally were able to film our film noir opening sequence, I was prepared fully prepared due to the previous tasks. On this blog you will see the journey of learning I have been on…

Note. Everything on this blog is written by me, Amy Meitiner, unless otherwise stated at the bottom of the entry.

Key for navigating my blog:

September 2009 = All film noir research
October 2009 = All neo noir research
November 2009 = Priliminary Exercise (first use of the cameras)
January 2010 = The Exchange Exercise
February 2010 = Film Noir Opening Sequence and paperwork
April 2010 = Film Noir Final Edit Video and Evaluation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home